Sue Aiken is the owner of Kavik camp and one of the stars of the reality television show “Life at Zero”. She narrates her bear attack experience to radio times. She was attacked by a bear while pumping water from the river. Sue suffered serious knee injuries but managed to kill the bear and dragged herself to the house. She was located by a pilot who had passed by his gas station for the third time noticing that it looked abandon. He helped her clean up and flew her to Fairbanks who then referred her to Portland for spinal surgery.
5 Sue Aikens Facts
- She was born in 1963 and partly raised in Chicago before moving to Alaska with her mother after her parents divorced. This makes her 54 years presently.
- She is the owner of Kivik River camp located at the boundary of Arctic National wildlife refuge. The camp is favorable for fishing and hunting. It also has a gas station which offers gas services to her visitors.
- She is the highly paid star on “Life below zero” with a salary of $ 200,000 each year. This puts her net worth at $ 500,000 currently as of 2019.
- She bought the Kivik Camp from the company she used to work for earlier on before she resigned.
- Her main income is mainly generated from June all through to September, before winter.